Roblin’s Mill was built in 1842 by Owen Roblin, the grandson of a United Empire Loyalist. When purchased by the Metro Toronto and Region Conservation Authority, the mill was scheduled for demolition. The original timbers, flooring and machinery were salvaged and moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village in 1964. When the Mill was moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village it was established that the original 1848 wheel measuring 30 ft. in diameter was not necessary to achieve the same results. In 1965 a replacement wheel of red oak measuring 18 feet in diameter was installed. The red oak did not prove to be as resistant to weathering as had been hoped and in August 1984 a new wheel made of white oak and weighing 6000 pounds was installed. Today, Roblin’s Mill is the only operating stone mill in Toronto.